That Bowser is epic! Since I started beading, I have wanted to make him. I finally got all the materials last week and on Sunday I sat down and worked on him for hours. I learned a few tips though.

First was the lovely settings on my iron. I had been ironing the thing for a few minutes and it looked like I hadn't done a thing. My iron was on a linen setting so the heat was really low. It took me a few minutes to see that cotton was the best way to go to get good amount of heat. I was off after that.

Second, something that big takes a lot of effort and moving books around to get it to stay flat. It was almost a constant movement of books and iron to get it to work right. Half of the time, I had to put beads back into place that popped out when I moved the books or the iron

Third. Taking it off the bead boards itself was a task. The bottom of it was bending and I had to be quick or the whole thing would have come off. It took 2 people to flip the thing over. In the end, it's best to get it steady on your hands and flip it over quickly so parts of it don't bend in the process.

Overall it turned out great. It's on my wall right now, awaiting a frame to display it in all it's glory!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! That thing is huge! The shading is great. I'd love to see it once it's framed.


Thank you for posting a comment. I love you for it :)