12/11/2010

The Christmas season is here!

I have been working on projects over the last few weeks, but seeing as they are all gifts and those people look at my blog(*coughmomcough*) I will have to wait to show off stuff until after Christmas.

Now, I feel like talking about Christmas. Where I live, it's been raining a lot the last few weeks, plus it hasn't been that cold. So it just hasn't felt like Christmas. I mean I didn't even smell fall until November lol. So yesterday, as I walked to work, there was a few flakes on the ground I was excited. Now I want to get into the Christmas spirit.

I went to my staff Christmas party last night. It was a dinner theatre that put on a Christmas play. It was great. Tomorrow is my cookie party. I have a 2 foot tree up with presents underneath it. It really is beginning to look and feel like Christmas.
One of my own traditions that I started was to wrap presents while watching Muppet Christmas Carol. I don't know why I started it but I did. Now I do it every year.

I got this little Survey from Losing the Baby Weight. So here goes!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I usually will wrap gifts. There are a few times I will use a gift bag, like for Secret Santa at work.
2. Real tree or Artificial? I have a artificial tree now because my apartment is too small. My mom is allergic to real ones so we switched to fake ones quite a long time ago.
3. When do you put up the tree? It all depends really. I will just get this urge to put up the tree. Now Mom puts hers up early and when we are all home, we decorate.
4.When do you take the tree down? Whenever I get a spare moment.
5.Do you like eggnog? I love it! Dad and I go nuts for it.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I would say my doll house. We had that thing forever
7. Hardest person to buy for? My dad. I never know what to get him. His birthday and Christmas are only a month apart, so I have two gifts to think about.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Mom. She loves anything I get her. I usually have a gift all planned out for her.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Now that I have never had. Not sure why
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? The only people I get cards for are co-workers and the kids at the daycare. I hand deliver all of them :)
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I don't think there was a gift I didn't like. I am fairly easy to buy for. I will take anything lol.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie(s)? Nestor the Christmas Donkey, Muppet Christmas Carol. I watch them every year, multiple times.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? It varies year by year. It all depends on my money really. Some years I start early because I have ideas like crazy. I always get my mom a gift at the Christmas Craft Fair in October.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Never! I hate the idea of re-gifting. I would end up giving a gift to the person who gave it to me, knowing my luck
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Dad's Turkey, hands down. I crave it for weeks. He never disappoints :)
16. Lights on the tree (colored or clear)? I like coloured lights. My family tree and my own tree are covered in ornaments that are special. So I love the look the coloured lights give.
17. Favorite Christmas song? It's called Masters in the Hall by Harry Simeone Chorale. I can't explain why I love it, I just do.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? To go home, I do have to fly. But I don't mind at all. I love seeing my parents and sister every year.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Yuppers!
20. Angel, star or ribbon on top of tree? I prefer a star but I know we've had both.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Morning. My dad has us up super early. He's like a little kid. He's more excited than we are.
22. Favorite children's Christmas song? Rudolph. What kid doesn't like it.
23. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? People just being all about what gifts they get from others.
24. Favorite ornament theme or color? My theme is sort of a handmade ornaments or whatever someone bought for me. My family's is almost all ornaments we have had since we were kids.
25. Turkey or ham on Christmas day? Turkey! Not eating Dad's turkey is a crime, lol. I love it that much
26. What do you want for Christmas this year? I think the thing I want the most is a label maker. I need some stuff labeled. Plus a fun gadget is a plus.
27. Does anyone in your family dress up as Santa? Never. We would just go see Santa as kids.
28. Age you discovered who Santa was? I don't really remember. I had to keep quiet about it because I have a younger sister. Now my mom tells us that she is Santa so we still have to believe in her lol.
29. Eggnog, hot chocolate, or apple cider? Hot Chocolate and eggnog.
30. Traditional colors (red and green) or other colors? I love red and green stuff. It always looks so pretty. In fact my braces are red and green right now :)
31. Do you have any Christmas decorations on your roof? I live in an apartment so sadly no.
32. How does Santa get into your house? Chimney or magic key? Magic key. I got my mom one a few years ago. It hangs on the tree.
33. Do you prefer gifts or gift cards? For both giving and recieving, I love gifts. I like the idea that someone put the thought of me into finding a gift for me. I find gift cards are just blah. I only give coffee shop ones if I give them at all. Something that they will use that you can't buy yourself.

I hope you all enjoyed learning more about thoughts on Christmas
Have a great holiday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting a comment. I love you for it :)